Sunday, September 20, 2015

I need to start writing more consistently...

Hi everyone!

I am sure you are waiting for updates, or not... but I figured I'd write a blog post since it's been a while.



Law school has kept Eric pretty busy but he seems to love it! Thankfully, he was well warned before school started. I am so proud of my guy... he really is chasing his passion! I can only pray that God opens doors and provides opportunities for him to fulfill this dream. I know He will provide...

I've been working a lot, as usual. I really love Arvest. I must note, it is NOT  the Walmart bank. The Walton family started Arvest before Walmart and they do not like it when people compare the two. Anyways, I have been learning a lot about Trust (not trusting people, Trust! silly:))... what an interesting aspect of banking! We basically manage millionaires' assets... which is super duper interesting! I have the freedom and ability to read and review hundred of Wills, Death Certificates, Trust Agreements, Trust Accounts, etc... it's all so interesting. But we do talk about death a lot, which is quite depressing, especially for a hypochondriac like me. Although, I can tell you that while looking over 50 different death certificates, the most common age I saw was death at 94 by heart failure. Interesting!

We've been getting some cool storms here and there which is super exciting for me! Okies think I am soooo silly when I rave about them but they need to understand that if they moved here from a place where it maybe sprinkled twice a year, they would react the same way :) It rained this morning! As I type, it is pouring outside and it's chilly! :) Fall is here.

Here's a photo an OKC photographer took of the storm the other day... (you know, the one that I freaked about)
Told you! Pretty big to me... this is the kind of lightening I saw on my way to the gym around 5:30 am.

Eric and I also have been spending more time meeting new people which is awesome. Everyone is so friendly!!

I, of course, am still obsessed with the cute homes and back roads... I will purposefully take back ways to work just to see the sun rise over the wheat fields...



Another thing I've noticed... Everyone here is obsessed with queso... every Mexican restaurant serves chips, salsa, and queso!  It's pretty yummy actually... but definitely not my favorite. When I tell people that queso is not served in ANY Mexican food restaurants (especially authentic) in CA, they are amazed.

Oh, on a totally random note... my hypochondria sky rocketed after my urgent care visit this week... Doc felt my groin lymph nodes and said they don't feel that swollen to him.. maybe I am just weird and can always feel my groin lymph nodes? I heard skinnier people can feel theirs but maybe I'm wrong. Anyways... I asked if it could be cancer and he said: " Wellll, it could be... but you never really know until you get a CT scan. But if you got one of those, you'd be exposed to radiation which would harm your future babies." Ummm.... NOT what I wanted to hear.... I pretty much convinced myself I had cancer and am just now starting to consider the fact that MAYBE I don't! I would love to one day believe what my doc tells me: that I'm healthy! But seriously, I do have an infection so I'm taking another round of antibiotics for that.. ugh I hate antibiotics... but gotta do what you gotta do!

I can't think of anything else to write, so I'll leave my new favorite artist and song below:


xoxo, Chelsey, The Law Student's Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment