Sunday, August 30, 2015

First week COMPLETE. And I'm still breathing...

First week of class for Eric and first week of work for me!
We feel so accomplished and it's just the beginning.

Let's just say, I hardly saw my husband this week. My typical day went something like this. 
Wake up, go to work, go to gym after work, come home to find Eric in office studying, make dinner & do laundry & clean, eat dinner by myself, make lunches, kiss Eric goodnight and go to bed. He crawls in bed an hour or two after me. 

I am NOT complaining. I will have to keep reminding myself that this is only 3 years compared to the rest of our lives. We are investing in Eric praying that it will all pay off.

The nice part is I got Saturday and half of Sunday with him! So we had our quality time.

I LOVE my new job. Basically I am a Trust Administrative Assistant. Which means I help handle different trusts accounts... and let me tell you, most of our clients are millionaires. I had to go and hand deliver a $250 bottle of Scotch to one of our millionaire clients at this office on the 20th floor of a skyscraper in Oklahoma City. It was his birthday. Pretty sure the walls of his office were made of marble. I secretly wanted to ask him if he'd be so kind to donate money to our poor family. Law school is expensive, ya know?!

On another note, I've been driving myself and my husband nuts with my hypochondriac behavior. Yes, it drives ME nuts too! I've been experiencing some numbness and twitching and so of course I thought I was having a stroke. Doc has already told me a hundred times that it's anxiety... which I guess is probably true but I think it's likely a pinched nerve. Also, I check every lymph node daily just to make sure I haven't developed lymphoma overnight. Guys, I am a nut case. 

Eric and I have analyzed these behaviors of mine and are both pretty sure this is how it goes: 
  1. I hear about someone famous or someone I know personally who died or has suffered from a disease.
  2.  I convince myself I have the disease and all of its symptoms. 
 Why do I do this? I don't know. All I know is.. it is ruining my life! 
Do you know why I check my lymph nodes every day? Because I asked Eric a couple of weeks ago to find out if Bob Ross was still alive. One Google search later he says "Oh, he died of lymphoma!"
ALSO, my co-worker just told me about her diagnosis and fight with lymphoma!

So what do I do? I start fixating on my lymph nodes! 
I should really start doing yoga or something. 

My husband is especially helpful during one of my "episodes". He reminds me of the truth and that God is good! Even if something should happen to me... God is still good. 
So true. I need to remind my hypochondriac self of this daily.

Here is a perfect description of me: 

In other news, I learned that there are really scary spiders here. On my way out one day, I found a pregnant Black Widow on our door knob. Nice! I about died. 
We have found 2 giant spiders since. 

We also LOVE our new church. It's called Christ The King PCA... it's a smaller PCA church but we actually really like that. Everyone's been super friendly and we have gone to several different member's houses for lunch and have gotten to know many people. It's been truly wonderful and unlike any other church experience we've had. Everyone is SUPER hospitable which has helped us to get plugged in.

Welp, pretty sure my chicken is burning so I better go. Toodles...


xoxo Chelsey, The Law Student's Wife.





No comments:

Post a Comment