Wednesday, March 30, 2016

My Top 11 Modesty Staples...

Since I've begun experimenting with how to best dress modestly... I've noticed a few items that seem to have become a MUST in my closet. 


1) Knee-length and Maxi Skirts. 

I love these. They are perfectly modest (unless too tight or see-through). They're flowy enough for a hot day and can be worn with almost any blouse. 
I like to have a few different colors on hand. 



2. Simple Sundresses (at least knee-length)

I love dresses! They are so comfortable and can be worn in so many different ways. I like dressing them up and down (yes, you can do that with dresses!) I have a few colors in my closet so that I can wear them with many different accessories. If the V-neck is too low, a tank or T-shirt will be needed. 


3. Jean skirt (knee-length) 

Jean skirts are great for any occasion. They can be worn casually or dressier (maybe with some wedges) I like them because they are denim and I am particularly fond of anything denim. (I know, sooo 1990's)

4. Fun blouses

Skirts should almost always be paired with fun blouses. I love thrift stores because there are almost always endless supply of adorable tops!



5. Slip

Slips are helpful when your skirt or dress is see-through. I have a few skirts that are not totally transparent but, when standing against the sunlight, one can easily see the silhouette of my legs. That's when slips come in handy!

6. Spanx

I could go on and on about how much I love spanx and how every girl should own them and wear them! Girls, when I'm walking behind you, I can see every inch and detail of your moving, behind under that skirt/dress... this is when spanx are needed! They keep everything smooth and contained and also prevent anyone from seeing underwear lines... I'm in love with them. They're also pretty comfy. 


7. Leggings

No, I don't mean as pants. LEGGINGS ARE NOT PANTS. That's all I will say about that ;)
I am on the taller side (5'7.5") and my long legs make any dress look too short so, in that case, leggings are useful... and quite adorable and comfy as well. 

8. Undershirts & Tanks (any fitted T-shirt will work)

I have many dresses and blouses that just don't work on their own. They're either too low-cut or too see-through. I love to wear a tank or fitted T underneath... It's a great way to achieve modesty and cuteness all at once :) 

 



9. Cardigans & Sweaters

I love sweaters! Especially longer ones. For a chillier day, they can be a nice touch. For the workplace, they can even be considered business-casual. 

10. Boots & Flats

Boots are fun to wear with almost anything, especially when it's chilly out. It's good to have 2-3 basic colors like black, grey, and/or brown.

I wear flats on a daily basis... they're feminine, cheap to buy (especially at Walmart), and go with almost anything. In an instant they can dress something up. I have a beige, a black, and a silver pair.

 

11. Headbands & Necklaces

I enjoy accessorizing. A cute necklace and/or headband can be a simple touch that makes all the difference! 


Well, those are my current modesty staples in my closet. I really don't know what I'd do without them. They all help me achieve both modesty & femininity at the same time. And guess what, almost all of my staples I have purchased from thrift stores! That's right, you can be broke and still be modest. Besides, we all know that less material tends to be more expensive anyways... just look up the price of ripped jeans or bikinis ;)


P.S. A few photos of me wearing some modest & cute thrift store outfits!






xoxo, The Law Student's Wife.










No comments:

Post a Comment