Saturday, October 24, 2015

Aunt Flow Finally Stopped By After Years Without Her...

Oh boy, I bet you already know what the title is referring to...
Prepare yourself for some TMI...

I FINALLY GOT MY PERIOD.

Yes. That's right. My first natural, not hormone induced, no birth-control pill, totally real period.

I've been waiting 4 years for this!! 2.5 of those years I was on the pill which obviously makes you have a period.

Many of you read my eating disorder story and how I was left without a menstrual cycle and put on the pill. I was warned that I may never have my fertility back. I was on the pill for a while and decided to stop for my own health.

When I finally mustered up enough courage to get off hormonal birth control pills, I worried A LOT about whether or not I would get a real cycle back. I had heard horror stories of women not getting their periods back for up to a year after quitting the pill! Uhh no way... I was not excited about that.

Not getting my period meant that my estrogen and progesterone levels were out of wack and, in turn, my acne, stomach problems, and a whole host of other issues would return. I did NOT want that to happen. And to be honest, I really just wanted to know that I could ovulate. No ovulation = infertility.

BUT things turned out much better than expected. After a month and a half off the pill and no period... I woke up last Saturday morning and... HELLO Aunt Flow!



I pretty much danced around the house. The fact that I have my cycle back means:

1) I ovulated. That's right... I can most likely have children. Woot woot! (not anytime soon friends)

2) My happy hormones explains why the acne has not returned! I've always gotten a pimple or two here and there but when my hormones were screwed up from overexercising, the acne was unbearable. So thankful I've not experienced that.

3) Happy, balanced hormones = Happy, balanced Chelsey. I have clarity and am happier. When you aren't pumping synthetic hormones into your body, it's amazing how much better you feel.

What's even better is: the flow was normal,  consistent, and lasted about 5 days.
The only symptoms I experienced was PMS and some bloating...
After being without a natural period for so long, I had forgotten what those symptoms felt like!
I had never had bad cramps or symptoms before, so none of those symptoms were unbearable. Thank you Jesus.

So, go ahead and laugh. I'm still celebrating my happy hormones :)



No comments:

Post a Comment