Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Fairy Art

I love pretty things. Most women use Pinterest for recipes, DIY projects, and style ideas... Meanwhile, I'm over here pinning paintings and illustrations. Recently, I've grown fond of fairy art. Most of the artists I have taken a liking to are from the late 1800s and early 1900s. I don't know why fairy art was so popular during that time but I am assuming it had to do with the illustrations that were needed for fairy-tale novels that were being published.

Marion St. John Webb, Margaret Tarrant, Rene Cloke, and Cicely Mary Barker are a few of the fairy artists I've found.

There's just a sweetness about their art. Some would find them too mystical but who doesn't love reminiscing about the mind of a child. I don't know. Maybe I am just weird. That's probably it. Maybe you're weird too. If so, enjoy...






























No comments:

Post a Comment