Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Morning by morning new mercies I see...




Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided,
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!
Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.



My favorite part of my day is my walk with Walker. Getting at least 10,000 steps in every day is not so bad at all. I get to be outside, rain or shine, ice or snow, experiencing the little beautiful blessings God provides in nature. Here's this morning's sky. No filter needed :)
How great is thy faithfulness, Oh Lord. Just as the hymn says, "Morning by morning new mercies I see. All I have needed Thy hand hath provided."

The sun rises every morning, usually illuminating the sky in a new, glorious fashion. It is a reminder that His mercies are new every morning. Every sunrise is the mark of a new day, new mercies, new grace filled to the brim, sufficient for the day.

"When morning guilds the skies, my heart awaking cries, may Jesus Christ be praised." (Edward Caswall)


In Christ, A Law Student's Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment